DescriptionThe Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut , based @287 Main Street, Danbury, Connecticut is a leader in supporting a vibrant arts and culture community in Northern Fairfield and Southern Litchfield Counties. We promote and advocate for arts, history, and culture as a primary driver of the economy and as an enriching influence for communities and people. We understand and believe that the arts sector is a critical engine for growth through creativity, innovation and collaboration. The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut, a 501c-3, is the only regional service organization in the Housatonic Valley region working to ensure better access and availability to arts and culture for all residents and visitors. We are supported by public funding, corporate and private contributions, and by our members.
The mission of the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut is to support and strengthen the arts, historical and cultural organizations and individuals through collaboration and coordination to further economic development in the ten-town Housatonic Valley region.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
SkillsRequired - Close Attention to Detail, Communication Skills Listening, Active Team Player, Graphic Design
Preferred - Graphic Design Software