Friday, June 3, 2011

Eileen Tavolacci MFA '11

Eileen writes, "2011 has been a very busy artistic year so far. In January I was awarded an Artist Residency at Vermont Studio Center. It was a magical place with incredible artists in attendance that made for a very productive time there.

A couple paintings created in VT were included in our MFA Thesis Show; a woodblock print I created there was accepted into a juried exhibition that was shown at the Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art in Kyoto, Japan, 6th KIWA Exhibition: "Enjoy the Forest of the World Wood Print" at the end of March and will be at The First International Moku Hanga Conference shown at Gallery Keifu in Kyoto, Japan in June.

The print, which was made into a kite by a very talented kite builder, will also be at two galleries in Seattle WA later this year and possibly off to Mexico.

I once again participated in the Annual Spring Show: "Brush With Nature" with my Chinese Brush Paintings at the Hammond Museum in North Salem, NY (show is currently up until June 18th).

One of my oil paintings was accepted into the 4th National Juried Exhibition at Prince Street Gallery, NY, NY by Juror: William Bailey.

The weekend after graduation I participated in Weir Farm's exceptional workshop with Dmitri Wright for the third time - I would encourage all interested parties to plan to participate in future workshops that are expected to run each Season.

Can't wait to see what the second half of the year has in store for me!"

No comments: