Thursday, February 14, 2013

Margaret Grimes at 5 in Higgins Hall Gallery - 02/14/13

Join me tonight as Western hosts a retrospective exhibition featuring a body of work spanning more than 40 years by landscape painter Margaret Grimes. The exhibition will run from Thursday, Feb. 14, through Thursday, March 14, at The Gallery at Higgins Hall on the university's Midtown campus, 181 White St. in Danbury.

An opening reception will be from 5 to 7 p.m. on Feb. 14 in the gallery.

The public is invited to the reception and to view Grimes' work. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday from noon to 4 p.m. For more information, call (203) 837-8403 or visit www.wcsu.edu/newsevents/Grimesretrospectiveexhibition.asp.






1 comment:

artfromhel@yahoo.com said...

I am sorry to have missed Professor Margaret Grimes' reception for her Retrospective Exhibit.
I am the happy recipient of a degree from WCSU MFA Painting program 2006. I will always be grateful to Professor Grimes and Professor John admitting me to the program after interviewing me in the summer of 2005.
The faculty was first class. The critiques honest. They gave me direction in my career. Professor Grimes sent us on our way after presenting us with the gift of an exibit in New York City. That was tremendous for our journey in the art world.
I have had much success since graduation from WCSU all due to the guidance I received there. I have a studio in the Washington, DC area www.HKAnneFineArt.com and am thankful everyday that my path crossed with Professor Grimes'.
I send my best to her and her continued journey.

Sincerely,
Helen K. Anne