Thursday, November 4, 2010

Joan Polzin MFA '05


I'm so excited to have won a first place prize in Oil Painting at the Richter Art Association Juried show for my small self portrait, "Sighting".

You are invited to the reception and award ceremony, which will be held on Saturday, Nov. 6th at 3PM. The doors open at 2PM. The address is, Richter Art Association, 100 Aunt Hack Road, Danbury, CT 06811. Phone is 203-798-2245. The directions are available on their website, at
http://www.danbury.org/richter/directions.htm
There is a large parking lot just beyond the buildings next to the art association.

Other news: I've been working on improving my landscape painting skills, studying with a wonderful local teacher and brilliant landscape painter, Anda Skyler. We have been painting outdoors, which is key to bringing life into the painting.
Above is a recent landscape.

I've also been busy teaching a drawing class, which runs on Thursday mornings here in Brookfield, CT, and hope to launch a second class for Monday nights, starting in January. I truly believe that people can learn to draw if they are taught the concepts that artists use in order to capture reality on paper. Also, I think that basic drawing is the first step in becoming an accomplished artist, and the foundation for all representational work in all mediums. I love teaching art, and hope to continue with it. Please pass the word on, if you know anyone who would like to learn to draw and paint.

No comments: